Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sue's Cranberry Salad

My Mother in Law, Sue has this AMAZING Thanksgiving Cranberry Fruit Salad. It has also become a HUGE hit on my side of the family as well.
I always get asked for the recipe, so here it is! The cranberries need to "marinate" in sugar overnight so be sure to allow time before the big day. This fruit salad is a staple at Christmas, Easter and of course THANKSGIVING!

Recipe
1 pkg fresh cranberries (chopped or grated)
1 1/2 cups white sugar (I usually use less)

Mix sugar into cranberries and let set over night.

1 can crushed pineapple -drained
1 can mandarin oranges -drained
1 cup Tokay grapes -seeded, sliced in half or quarters (These are sometimes hard to find so I have used what ever I can find.) 
1 chopped apple
1 small tub of whipped topping

Stir fruit into cranberry mixture and let set. Just before serving fold in whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment